Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Web Truclient Controller scenario User stopped with error IPC connection to browser process is lost

Hi Shlomi,

I am running a web truclient script on controller with 20 user and after few minute I found that users are stopping with error message "Error -205177:  IPC connection to browser process is lost"

Any Idea?

Regards

KAPIL

Tags (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Web Truclient Controller scenario User stopped with error IPC connection to browser process is l

Hi
Perhaps this can help?
https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/kb/KM01592702
Thanks
Lior
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Web Truclient Controller scenario User stopped with error IPC connection to browser process is l

Hi Kapil,

TruClient Vusers have high footprint. Can you please run 2 to 5 Vusers and see if this issue reproduced? If it does not increase to 10 and so on until you face the issue. During all tests check the CPU utilization on the Controller machine and ensure the Controller machine does not become the bottleneck

Regards,

Shlomi

P.S. Please do not refer to me only. There are more people in this community, most likely more experts than I am. They probably do not want to reply as long as I am the only recipient 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

yes scenario working fine on controller with 2 or 3 users and after that if ramping more user then users are stopping with IPC Error also getting cpu utilization exceeding error message for controller machine because I m using currently controller as injector as well.

do I need more powerful machine for truculent performance testing if yes then can recommend hardware spec?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Kapil,

The minimum HW requirements for running TruClient Vusers is detailed in LoadRunner readme. I copied it to this post.

For script development machine you do not need such a machine but for running multiple Vusers you need at least this minimum HW requirements. 

Note that most of the footprint is consumed by the browser and then by the application. TruClient extension is very small in footprint, but still requires the browser and the application to run in it.

System Requirements for Load Generators Running TruClient Vusers

The following table describes the system requirements for load generator machines running TruClient Vusers.

Processor speed    

8 cores 2.2 GHz each or faster     

Memory (RAM)
   16 GB or higher

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

OK, We got  4 cores CPU and 16GB Ram so I can request to add another 4 Core CPU but not sure how many trueclient user single injector machine can handle with this spec? Any Idea ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Kapil,

It is hard to tell. It is really impacted by the application you are running.

Just to give you some sense to it:

1. Open a browser. Not using TruClient.

2. Navigate to about:blank

3. Make sure you do not have any other browser instance running . Check how much memory and CPU the browser consume

4. Now navigate to cnn.com. Check how much memory and CPU it consumes now.

The difference is pretty big, right?

We have provided some guidelines for calculating the number of Vusers you can run on a single machine in this help page

Use it and determine this way what type of HW to use

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.