ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

WebGL - TruClient - Chrome Browser - Truclient Browser - 2020 SP3

Support for WebGL seems to have disappeared with TruClient - Web between 2020 SP1 and 2020 SP3.

When I say disappear I mean...the Chrome browser and TruClient browser versions support WebGL but it appears support has been by default turned off for both with 2020 SP3.

A common major feature of many applications is to search a location...Mapbox is a commonly used JS integration to display maps for search functionality...however it relies on WebGL.

Has anyone else seen this or had issues with TruClient Web as it relates to support for WebGL?

I am currently working a support case where they are trying to get it working again for me but so far no luck.

I am facing this issue in both LR Professional and now LR Cloud since they also upgraded to 2020 SP3.

I have attached my testing analysis of LR support for WebGL showing how it by default is no longer supported with TruClient Web.

Howard

Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @Howard-1 ,

TruClient does't directly support record WebGL elements. We record the operation location of the canvas in coordinates. This may not always works during the replay. I also try to run the script which you have provided in the attachment. It replay successfully with TC Chromium 2020 SP3. Please check the attached video recording.

Best regards,

Edwin

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

That is really odd it is working for you.  I have two support tickets open...one for LRP and one for LRC and both teams can reproduce the issue I describe....both Chrome and TruClient browser for 2020 SP3 fail to render the search/map page and either timeout or crash TruClient.  What happens is the actual Search text box and the map fail to display and finally timeout or crash TruClient depending on the browser.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @Howard-1 ,

The issue relative to TruClientBrowser should have been fixed. The support team should contact to you sooner or later. There is an hot fix provided for TCB 77.

The issue regarding to Chrome (TC Chromium) may cause by the extended log. Please try to replay the script without open the HTTP extended log and check again. Please check if the WebGL elements can be displayed successfully. Thank you.

Best regards,

Edwin

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Yes I just got two options for a fix for TCB 77 from support which I will be trying.

As far as Chrome...they are still looking into it.  I normally run with Log on Error Only which exhibited the same.  I just tried Disable Log and again...script fails in the same way for me.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @Howard-1 ,

That is a bit of strange. Could you please provide detail version information of your LR and the environment such as OS version etc.

Best regards,

Edwin

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.