Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

What happens with VTS when I upgrade LR? ...

Jump to solution

At 12.50 patch 3 now. About to install LR 12.53 over the top.

But on two of the machines I am using VTS and have a large volume of data in each.

A couple questions:

1. When I run the 12.53 installer over the top of 12.50, will VTS also be automatically upgraded? Or do I need to run the VTS installer separately?

2. What will happen to my VTS table structure and data when I run the LR 12.53 or VTS installer? Will it be retained?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: What happens with VTS when I upgrade LR? ...

Jump to solution

Solved.

You can't install the new VTS over the old one, it won't allow it. You must first uninstall the old one. But good news, the uninstaller does not remove your VTS data. It was still there after I uninstalled the old one, and installed the new one.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: What happens with VTS when I upgrade LR? ...

Jump to solution

Solved.

You can't install the new VTS over the old one, it won't allow it. You must first uninstall the old one. But good news, the uninstaller does not remove your VTS data. It was still there after I uninstalled the old one, and installed the new one.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.