Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

What is the best Approach/Protocol to Capture AngularJs webpage transactions.

Hello Experts,

Recently we have upgraded most of our project applications and now webpages uses AngularJs. We would like to do performance testing of these applications.

However, my team has no experience on scripting of Angularjs web pages.

I need your inputs @Which Protocol is suggestable, approach and any best practices.

We are using loadrunner 12.02.

Appreciate your support ...!

Thanks,

Siva

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: What is the best Approach/Protocol to Capture AngularJs webpage transactions.

First and foremost, please ask your team to use the "Protocol Advisor" feature built in VuGen. It will scan the application for sometime and then would come up with the best protocol. In your case, it will mose definitely be TruClient IE/Firefox. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: What is the best Approach/Protocol to Capture AngularJs webpage transactions.

Hi,

Protocol Advisor feature was discontinued in later versions, I wouldn't rely on that only.

AngularJS is used in web based applications, you can either use Web (HTTP/HTML) protocol to test the application in the HTTP level or TruClient to test it in the web clientt level (i.e. AngularJS level in this case)

Just note TruClient is less scalable than Web (HTTP/HTML) as it runs real browser process for each Vuser

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.