Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

What is the difference between PCoIP and RDP Protocol?

Jump to solution

Hi

I have used RDP protoocol which is working similar to citrix like click,type,etc..,

Yesterday there is a LoadRunner 12.53 released in the market and they have mentioned as PCoIP as additional protocol.

I would like to know the difference between both the protocols.

Regards,

Raghul M 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: What is the difference between PCoIP and RDP Protocol?

Jump to solution

RDP uses transport layer (TCP) where PCoIP used UDP layer. PCoIP protocol invented by Teradici company. PCoIP compresses, secures the application (remote OS) and stored into secured servers and send it in a high bandwidth (or using available bandwidth) to the end user.

RDP doesn't care about bandwidth on how the user is experiencing. But PCoIP cares about the speed, if there is a high bandwidth, it display the terminal with hiqh quality; if there is a low quality bandwidth, the termial quality will be adjusted accordingly.

Thank you,
NaveenKumar Namachivayam | www.QAInsights.com
Learn TruWeb - my Udemy Course "Performance Testing using TruWeb" | https://www.udemy.com/performance-testing-using-truweb/?couponCode=YOUTUBE
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.