Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Where can I find full log of HTTP Requests sent by Controller?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a very simple question but unfortunately didn't find an answer so far. I have few TrueLcient scenarions wich I run in  LR Controller under 50 users. As the result of my test I see some errors in log files of our product and also some HTTP 500 and HTTP 204 responses in LR Analysis.
To investigate further I need to see what kind of HTTP requests was LR Controller controller generating. But I didn't find it logged anywhere.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Where can I find full log of HTTP Requests sent by Controller?

Jump to solution

Hi Elmira, 

you can see the Runtime Settings for each scripts of your scenario with a simple right-click when the cursor is below the name of the single script, or you can also see them on the fifth icon over the "Group Name/Script Path" line. You have to set the log level for each script's Runtime Settings if you want to see messages from all services. 

Below a simple screenshot with these indications: let me know if now it's all clear. 

runtime_settings.PNG

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

The Vuser logs are located in the results folder, "\res\log". In order to see your default location go to tab Results/Results settings/Directory in LR.

Adrian

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Adrian,
yes I've seen those logs. But these are very high level logs only for failed Vusers (e.g. button wasn't clicked because it wasn't loaded yet). And there are no HTTP requests logged there.  This log is more like a log of scenario steps.
I need the whole picture of all HTTP requests and logged with the time - that would be ideal.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Elmira, 

you have to set the "Extended log" Runtime Settings check option (under "General -> Log") before starting the scenario. After the end of your test, you can find all requests/responses to/from the server under the /log directory of the interested Analysis result directory. In particular, you will find a text document for each Vuser of the scenario, and all the messages that one has send/received. 

Hope to help, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

In particular, under the "Log" window option of Runtime Settings, you have to check the "Data returned by server" option under "Extended log": at the conclusion of the load test, you can retrieve all messages from the server in many files (many like the number of Vusers of the test) in text mode. 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Lorenzo,

to clarify what you suggested.  Do you mean I have to change the logging level in my script itself in Virtual User Generator and then run it in Controller and then I'll get all the requests/responses?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I suggest you to load the script in the Controller and then modify the Runtime Settings with a detailed log level ("General -> Log -> Extended log -> Data returned by server"). After you can run your scenario and finally you will find the messages from Vusers to the server in the /log directory of the Analysis result resource of the final test. 

Let me know if this can help you with your problem, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

To be honest I clarified because I don't see any 'General' or 'Log' or anything relaed to Runtime in my Controller... Maybe I have some different version or something. Attached the screenshot of my Controller. I really appreciate if you'll have a look at screenshot and let me know.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Elmira, 

you can see the Runtime Settings for each scripts of your scenario with a simple right-click when the cursor is below the name of the single script, or you can also see them on the fifth icon over the "Group Name/Script Path" line. You have to set the log level for each script's Runtime Settings if you want to see messages from all services. 

Below a simple screenshot with these indications: let me know if now it's all clear. 

runtime_settings.PNG

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks Lorenzo,

I see a bit different set os settings, but I think thouse which I actually need. So I turned all of them ON and re-run test but I don't see any HTTP logs in \res\log or \res itself unfortunately.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Elmira, 

try to check the "Send messages only when an error occurs and limit log cache to..." and set a quite large limite, like 100 KB. I've see on the screenshot you had sended that you have set the log option from the VuGen's Runtime Settings: to see all messages of tests's users you have to set the Runtime Settings of the Controller. Are you sure have set the Runtime Settings on the Controller too? You can also do a refresh of Runtime Settings from the Controller software. 

Let me know if the increase of the cache log help you with the problem, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Lorenzo,

thank you so much! Finally I got my logs 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.