Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Which monitoring tool works best for Java based web application ?

For my current assignment, I have to do the performance testing for the Java based web application which is hosted on the Tomcat server. Since, the organization that I am working for does not have any proprietroy tool for the performance monitoring so it's upto me to find out the feasible tool for the same. Can anybody kindly suggest which tool can be used for the performance monitoring for a Java based web application which is hosted on the Tomcat server ?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor.

Try JVisualVm that comes with JAVA JDK, however this will have some overhead on the performance. This tool is not available in older versions of JAVA. It really depends on what you want to monitor, you can use other tools which have less overhead.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How can I monitor the Java application remotely which resides on a LINUX box ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

in my experience we use Wily Introscope for any JAVA applications

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

JvisualVM allows remote JVM monitoring as well. Please refer to JVisualVM manual.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.