Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Why I Truclient is working to test my web app

Hi All,

Am not able to load test my web app through HTTP/HTML  protocol and I am sure AJAX Truclient can be used to test the application.

Can anyone tell me the reason where AJAX Truclient works whereas HTTP/HTML doesn't?

My web application is tableau dashboard.

Thanks and Regards,

Sumit Singla

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Why I Truclient is working to test my web app

Hi

I'm not familiar with tableau dashboard, so I can only give you a general answer.

There is a big difference between HTTP/HTML and Truclient making them fit for different purposes.

HTTP/HTML records all the traffic an application or browser does. The it replays the same during execution. Often testdata and dynamic values, like cookies and session variables, needs to be exchanged and this is called correlation.

Truclient on the other hand runs an instance of the browser, both for record and replay. This means that the broswer will take care of everything and the scripting becomes about clicking the right buttons and links and make the flow correct. Especially webapplications with client generated values and javascript is much suiable

The advantage with HTTP/HTML is that has very low system usage and one loadgenerator can in normal case have houndreds of vUsers. The cons are that you need to code all logic manually and make sure that all needed values are correlated.

The advantage of Truclient is that there actually is a browser in the background, meaning that everything should be possible to do, that can be made in the browser. The big con is that a browser uses a lot of system resources and a loadgenerator can only manage 3-10 vusers (depending on size).

To be able to help you why your script is not working you will have to provide what is not working, the errormessages and sample of the script. Without at least some of this info it is impossible to answer.

br /ola

Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi ,

Thanks for the feedback. Actually I just want to understand which applications works with HTTP/HTML and which works with truclient. If any application is not working with HTP/HTMl and working with truclient then what would be reason for the same.

Any help would be highly appriciated.

Thanks ,

Sumit Singla

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Sumit,
as a rule of thumb, any application that communicates with http can be recorded with web (http/html). Most web application can also be recorded with TruClient as well, but that comes at a cost if scaling.
hope this clarifies things more and feel free to ask any questions you have.
Thanks
Lior
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Lior,

Thanks for the feedback.

But still I am not 100% clear about the difference betweeen these 2. Actually If my web app is not compatible with HTTP/HTML and it is compatible with truclient then what could be the reason for the same? I mean what kind of applications can  be tested with HTTP/HTML and what kind of application are good with truclient?

Thanks for the quick response.

Regards,

Sumit

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

if you are application can be recorded with TruClient, it can be recorded with Web (HTTP / HTML).

it may need extra correlations, or some tweaks in the script (As is most common with web scripting).

the reason for it not working with web can be related to many factors: SSL certifications, cookies, correlations, parametrization and so on.

and when you say "not working" - do you mean the script is not generated, or that you are receiving errors in replay?

try to find the root cause, and that will focus you in the right direction

Good Luck,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Lior,

Thanks for the detailed information.  I will dig further to find the root cause.

Regards,

Sumit

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.