Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Why truclient Response time is not matches with real time browsers.

Hi,

I am using trueclient protocol for client side performance testing and observing that Response time is not matching with Real time Browser.

To be specific to the situation , I am using chromium of LR and comparing it with latest chrome installed in our machine(Incoginito mode) .

As client side response time can vary due to various reasons so to be specific i am comparing "DOMContentload" time in both the places.

When running it from LR controller , I am getting a response time i.e DOMContentLoad Time as ~4sec where as from real browser it is taking ~2.2 sec.

You can also try on below website for below action.

URL- https://resume-now.com ---- Launch Page.

Once the Page is launched click on "Create Resume" ----> This is the Action We are comparing and measuring DoMContentLoad TIme.

I have isolated each and every aspects during the execution but still differences are there. Will really appriciate your input or solutions.

Regards

shashi kant

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: Why truclient Response time is not matches with real time browsers.

This is a very interesting observations that in real browser response time differ from truclient results. I have done multiple execution to find it out and observed that there is 1 sec differences in avg response time of truclient protocol.

Will like to hear any one expert comment / observation on the same!

Regards

shashi kant

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

A few points to consider:

1. Make sure the browser type and version you are testing with are the same.
    Changes in browser engine and implementation can lead to different behavior.
  2. Similarly, other environmental changes can lead to a difference: computer hardware, software environment, network connection etc.
  3. Check exactly what is measured.
    The time reported in the browser developer tools is from the first request, while if your TC transaction starts in the click step, it may measure a bit more time.
    It's advised to adjust your step end-events and transactions to measure as close to the actual flow you'd like to measure.

Hope this helps,

Edo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi Edo,

Thats right , As loadrunner 12.55 has its own chromium browser(version- Version 55.0.2883.87 (64-bit)) to run truclient scripts. So I tested it in exactly similar condition. Also I changed step end event to "DOMContent Load " time, as DOMContent Load time is very much stable for any page under similar condition.

Also latency is zero or say minimal as everything is on same network and in same location and ofcourse similar condition is applicable during both the execution i.e Manual launching chromium and  checking the response time using developer tools and other from Loadrunner controller with single user.

I have done it multiple times and also checked on different  machines but still I can observe 1 sec difference in response time making me hard to rely on truclient resuls.

While doing it manually (Dev tools) with caching enabled approx 2.2 sec.

From LR Controller - ~3.8 sec( in every iteration almost taking ~3.8 to 4 sec)

Why this difference is? 

You can try for below Url .

Launch - www.resume-now.com

Click on "Create Resume"   -> this is the action I am measuring the response time.

It seems like Truclient has an overhead on response time

Regards

shashi kant

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi Shashi,

I had a similar problem and I wrote the fact to the forum. Here below the link to the discussion: one of the possible solutions was to change the end event of the interested step. 

https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Practitioners-Forum/TruClient-times-too-fast/m-p/1632731

In my case, the suggestions didn't help but I hope someone of them can help you. 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.