Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

WinINet and Socket level recording using IE and Chrome

Hi, I have an application. I tried ecording it with Chrome using Socket level, it gets recorded fine(however it gets recorded in Chrome incognito window). But when I use Socket level to record in IE it cannot even launch the application("Page not displayed"). I then tried using WinINET and it gets recorded in IE. Also when I use WinINET in chrome application works but nothing gets recorded in Action. Please can anyone let me know a proper solution for this also if possible can I know why Socket level works fine in Chrome and not in IE?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: WinINet and Socket level recording using IE and Chrome

Hi Pallavi,

Please follow below steps,
1. Go to Recording option-> Go to script -> Check Use protected application recording. -> Give Ok
1. Go to Network -> Mapping and filtering -> Click Option -> Check Enable auto SSL detection -> Select SSL Version as "SSL 2/3" or If you know your application SSL version, then go with that one. -> Select SSL ciphers as "AES 256-SHA" -> Click update.
3. Now, record IE using socket level data. Events will be recorded and you can execute.

Note: After set up in recording option, continuously go to record the screen. Bcoz SSL Ciphers will assign default value. Every time before go to record, confirm SSL Ciphers selected as "AES 256-SHA".

Cheers,
Sakthi.K

Regards,
Sakthirajan Kathirvel
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.