Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Windows application recording with WinSockets Protocol

Hi, I am trying to record .net windows application with Load Runner. Tried different protocols, but of no use. Web Protocol gave out Decompression Error and not able to resolve it. Protocol advisor gave "Winsockets" as an option. But I am not able to figure out the way possible for the replay of the script. can someone suggest me what is the suitable protocol that can be used for Windows application except RDP.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Windows application recording with WinSockets Protocol

Hi,

Is this application communicates with a server (i.e. client/server application) or it is a desktop application? 

If this is a client/server application, do you know what is the communication protocol between the client and the server?

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.