Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Winsock Correlation

Hi 

I have a string (user / pwd) and need to pass it in ebcdic format in the send buffer.  I have correlated the user in the send buffer.

(Connecting to Iseries. )

if i pass the string the script fails. If i pass the value in ebcdic (define my parameter value in ebcdic) it works. 

send  buf13 41
    "\x00"
    "'"
    "\x12"
    " "
    "\x00\x00\x04\x00\x00\x03"
    "\a=ñ"
    "\x11\x06"
    "{User}"
    "\x11"
    "\a5×ÁââæÖÙÄ@@ÿï"

Please help

Thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Winsock Correlation

Hi

How can i convert the string "UserID" to ebcdic and substitute in the send buffer?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Winsock Correlation

There is no LoadRunner API to convert an arbitrary buffer. However, if you received this UserID via socket connection, you could extract it in EBCDIC encoding into a parameter used for correlations with lrs_save_param_ex("some socket name", "received", 0, offset, length, "ebcdic", "UserID_param") call.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.