Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Working with RDP multi protocol-RDP connection window is not prompted in case of multi proocol

Jump to solution

I understand that, to record the web journey in the RDP machine we need to select the multi protocol and I did the same.

I selected the new script and clicked on multi protocol.

Then, I selected RDP and Web HTTP/HTML protocols from the list and clicked on record to start the recording.

I have been promted with the web browser instead of RDP connection window.

Could anyone please suggest what can be done in case of multi potocols to get the RDP connection window.

Thanks,

Swapna.

Swapna
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Working with RDP multi protocol-RDP connection window is not prompting in case of multi proocol

Jump to solution

Hi Shlomi,

I have seen your reply in another post related to the same issue.

/t5/LoadRunner-Practitioners-Forum/LoadRunner-Protocol-Scripting/td-p/6935018

In that you mentioned we should use only RDP protocol to record any actions within RDP machine.

Thanks for that.

Regards,

Swapna.

Swapna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Working with RDP multi protocol-RDP connection window is not prompting in case of multi proocol

Jump to solution

Hi Swapna,

Web-RDP multi combination is relevant only when the starting point is the web browser. It is good in cases where RDP is embedded inside the browser and some functionality exposed through it while other exposed in pure web.

If you wish to open a web browser inside an RDP session it will not be recorded in web level, it will be recorded in the RDP level as UI operations done in the RDP session.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Shlomi,

Thanks for the reply.

so, in case if I need to record web or windows applications inside the RDP, I do not need to select the multi protocol instead I can select RDP as single one. Is this correct?

Please correct if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Swapna.

Swapna
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Shlomi,

I have seen your reply in another post related to the same issue.

/t5/LoadRunner-Practitioners-Forum/LoadRunner-Protocol-Scripting/td-p/6935018

In that you mentioned we should use only RDP protocol to record any actions within RDP machine.

Thanks for that.

Regards,

Swapna.

Swapna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.