Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Wrong window size in output window while replaying citrix scripts

I am using LR version 11.52 for testing an Oracle form 6i application.
The application appears as an icon in Citrix receiver and has to be launched from the receiver and there is no url either for Citrix or for the application.
I tried scripting of the application using single protocol CitrixIcA and recorded the flow. Although events were recorded ,.when I replayed the script, error in output window was:
Error: Failed to get window size, wrong format. Unable to detect client version. Warning: Extension CitrixClientImpl.dll reports error -1 on call to function ExtPerThreadInitialize Error: Vuser failed to initialize extension CitrixClientImpl.dll in load runner.

Please suggest some work around to resolve the issue.

I asked for the ica file for the application but Citrix team was not able to provide it and thus I used hostname , user I'd and password in the logim tab of the load runner tool to access the application

Additional information:
Tool used: LR 11.52
Citrix server xenapp 6.5

(I tried recording a combination of other protocols like Oracle nca, Citrix + web but no events were recorded)

Please help to resolve the issue.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Wrong window size in output window while replaying citrix scripts

Hello,

Did you try to set Recording Options for Citrix Single protocol script?
1) VuGen menu Record > Recording Options.
2) In Recording Options dialog go to Citrix > Login.
3) Specify there server, login, password, domain. Your applications should appear in the Published Applications list.

Thanks,
Vladimir

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Vladimir,
Yes I tried setting those recording option for Citrix login. I filled up details like server , user I'd ,pwd ,domain but nothing appeared in the drop down list of published application. So I wrote the name of the application manually in that field and started recording of the application.
And fortunately it opened me the application directly and the recording was successful.

But the issue that am facing is while replay.

The script shows error in output window as "Error: Failed to get window size, wrong format. Unable to detect client version. Warning: Extension CitrixClientImpl.dll reports error -1 on call to function ExtPerThreadInitialize Error: Vuser failed to initialize extension CitrixClientImpl.dll

Queries here are:
1.Will the application appear in the Published Application dropdown menu in recording options for Citrix login after filling all the details correctly or we can manually enter it.
2.how can I get rid of the replay error
3. If LR 11.52 IS unable to record an application hosted in xenapp 6.5 and accessed through latest version of Citrix receiver?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can someone please help me getting rid of the replay error message
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.