Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

capture dynamic value present in a pop up window in ajax true client

Hi,
currently i am facing difficulty in capturing the dynamic value in pop window. Actually in my web application, every time after creating an issue, a pop window comes on top right corner of the screen showing "issue name with ID" like "PerfID 23" and every time i create the issue the issue ID increased by 1. In that pop window, i have to click on that "PerfID 23" link to open the issue. one more thing ,the pop up mesasge only last for 3 second on the screen. i recorded the script but while replying it not able to click on the "PerfID23" link, because its the ID number gets increased by 1.
So how to solve this issue kindly help me out.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: capture dynamic value present in a pop up window in ajax true client

Hello,

You can try one of the following options

1. Use Improve Object Identification option

While TruClient is opened in Interactive mode run the script until the application shows the dynamic value you need to capture. Stop the script run. Record or manually add a step that clicks this dynamic value. Run the script again until the same point (in order to get a new value shown). At this point, open the object section of the step that needs to click on the dynamic value and choose Improve Object Identification. TruClient might remain with object identification method that does not rely on the dynamic value. If that works it is the best option to go with.

2. Use TruClient Descriptors object

Change the identification method of the object that has to deal with the dynamic value to Descriptors. Open the descriptors editor. See if you can disable the attribute that contains the dynamic value and still be able to successfully highlight the object. If TruClient is not able to locate the object after removing the dynamic value spy the object using the browser developr tools and look for attribiutes that can be added to TruClient descriptor in order to find the object uniquely but without the dynamic value.

3. Use XPath or JavaScript identification

Either XPath or JavaScript identifcation can help here is locating the object uniquely without relying on the dynamic value. That requires more technical understanding of the language and application DOM structure.

Finally...

See some examples for non automatic object identification as a reference. 

Contact HPE support for further help if needed

Good Luck

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.