Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

client IE compatibility issue

Hi, Gurus.

Good day!

I'd like to ask if Client IE is compatible with SAP Netweaver 7.01 ? I'm trying to record a scenario but the whole functionality of the portal page are not loading properly such as menus and pictures. I could not even click the links inside the portal page. Are there any settings that I need to configure? Please advise.

Thanks,

Virgiio

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: client IE compatibility issue

Hello,

What is Client IE? 

Which protocol have you been using?

Thanks,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, Shlomi.

thank you for your reply.

I'm using TruClient browser for IE to record a script. I used this browser because there are some functionalities such as text field are not showing (compatible) with the other browser.

Thanks,

Virgilio

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

TruClient was design to support web based applications regardless of the framework their are built with. Having said that TruClient supports only pure web apps and not thick clients addons that run in the browser (e.g. Silverlight, flex, Java applets)

Specifically regarding TruClient IE, it requires the application to run successfully in Standards Mode.  You can validate whether the application you test works correctly in Standards mode by opening it in regular IE browser. 

1. Open the developer tools > Emulation tab (F12)

2. Set the document mode to edge (in case it wasn't already set as such by default

3. Browse to the page in which you had issue with TC IE.

In case you see the same behavior TruClient IE will not work either. In case it works correctly in regular IE I suggest opening a a support ticket in order to troubleshoot.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.