Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

communication between trueClient and VUgen

Jump to solution

Hi, I have an issue with true client.

when I run a script in develop mode on firefox true client is not loading - just partial (as on the screenshot) and I cannot do anything.

after that I receive a message about comunicaton error (screenshot2)

We tried to reinstall LR, run VUgen as administrator, change user aacounts control options. None of these actions solved the problem.

Other browsers has simillar issues, however the true client does not load at all. the communication error also occours.

Any ideas what is wrong ?

Thanks and regards

Pawel

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: communication between trueClient and VUgen

Jump to solution

Hi Pawel,

From the console log, I can see that you are using 12.53; am I right?

If so, could you please navigate to "%APPDATA%\Hewlett-Packard\TruClient" folder and rename "tcweb2_user_prefs.json" to "tcweb2_user_prefs.json.old"

Once you do that, could you please open TruClient Firefox again, see if it helps? If not, could you please attach a new snapshot of the browser console after the file rename?

Best Regards,

Eyal Jakov

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Pawel,

3 questions:

which LR version is this and on which OS did you install

when you installed LR - did you run the installation as administrator?

Thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Pawel,

Most likely firefox version was upgraded by mistake. Please restore the firedfox version from the setup files and try again.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

12. 50 and after that 12. 53. there is the same issue. - run as administrator.

Windows 7.

The issue occours with all browsers, IE, Firefox, Chromium

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Pawel,

To understand the issue, could you please provide the console log from Firefox browser?

Open TruClient Firefox, press Ctrl+Shift+J and once the console is opened, copy the content and attach to the post.

Regards,

Eyal

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello,

In attachment.

regards

Pawel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Pawel,

Sorry to bother you. Can you please share the console screenshot after performing save opearation in TruClient?

The screenshot you shared contains no error that indicates about the communication issue. I guess you didn't hit the save button before taking it. If I am wrong than please ignore

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

the thing is that I cannot click save, because application is not responding.

regards

Pawel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

We are encountering a similar issue.  We are new to the TruClient Web protocol.

LR v 12.5, Windows 7.  We had to reinstall LR because the Firefox auto update was on and HP recommended to copy version 37.02 to the install directory or repair the LR install.

We tried TruClient Web with IE11: During recording everything froze when selecting the Login button for the application.  TruClient development window does not allow for anything to be selected. We eventually get the same communication error as above " a communication error occured between the TruClient browser and VuGen".

We tried TruClient Web with Firefox (our preferred browser).  The built in Firefox version with LR 12.5 is 37.02.  Our recording went smooth. Replay hangs.  There were times when I replayed the first login that it eventually ran after about 15 minutes but then would never perform the next step that I selected to run.  It eventually allowed me to save the TruClient development and exited back to VuGen, however the recording did not save when I went back into TruClient development. Most of the time we continue to get the message that a communication error occured between the TruClient browser and VuGe.

We have disabled antivirus, HIPs and lowered UAC.  Is there anything else we need to check in a registry or Record/Reply settings ??

Thank you !

Chris

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Pawel,

If so, could you please navigate to "%APPDATA%\Hewlett-Packard\TruClient" folder and rename "tcweb2_user_prefs.json" to "tcweb2_user_prefs.json.old"

Once you do that, could you please open TruClient Firefox again, see if it helps? If not, could you please attach a new snapshot of the browser console after the file rename?

Best Regards,

Eyal Jakov

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

@Eyal_Jakov wrote:

Hi Pawel,

Best Regards,

Eyal Jakov

Yes, we upgrated from 11.50 to 11.53 and I renamed the file.. guess what? IT HELPS! Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.