Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

file upload under true client

Hi all,  I'm recording an application under a true client, and at one step I need to upload a file which launch a windows explorer.

Once I replay the script, I uploaded the file but the windows explorer is not closed, and it cannot continue the next step.

My questions:

- how can we close the windows explorer

- how can we get again the focus on the Truclient explorer

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: file upload under true client

HeyFred,

TruClient attmpts to identify file uploads during recording and handle it.

However, as there are many ways to implement this in a website, it's not always handled.

1. If the the application is using a filebox control for the upload , you can use a Set File Path step (add a Generic Object Action step and select the Set action). See here.
  2. Find the DOM object/property that is updated when a file path is selected and set it explicitly in the script (e.g. using Javascript code).
  3. Handle the native OS file dialog. As it is not in the scope of the browser, Javascript code cannot handle it. See this for the C-function way.

Hope this helps,

Edo

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.