Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

forced to use "waits" in truclient. (versus "Wait for object" )

HI,

Maybe is due to pages with Json protocol ?

VuGen 12.01 does not seem to be able to handle the automatic timing correctly (and also trying to use other end event rather than the automatic ones suggested, does not really bring results).

There are two possible things occurring to me:

1) "Wait for object" fails even with large timeout object/step defined (120s/180s).

But as soon as one let this step be preceeded by a simple "wait" (even 3s wait), the script will work fine.

2) The object is there and loacated ("wait for object" succesful) and clicked, but the page did not finish to load all needed elements, hence the click on the object does not result in what one would expect.

It is like clicking but no link behind. No action results from it.

The only way I could fix this situation was adding fix "wait"
Could you tell me if you had ever experienced it and solved it otherwise?

thanks

Lara

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: forced to use "waits" in truclient. (versus "Wait for object" )

Hello Lara,

this is Rodney from HPE. 

a wait is always a good option inside your TC script so you can let the page render properly. 

now related to this, rendering, have you tried to use the DOM conetent option in end event?

let us know.

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello Lara.
Does the script with "Wait for Object" fail with Object Identification errors? You might want to consider reviewing which Object Identification method does this step have, and possibly change it from Automatic (default) to a specific XPATH and see if that works. Otherwise, if the object is on screen and it is found, but there is a time out, you can try and change the End Event of the step to "Action Completed" and see if it makes a difference.

Good luck.

HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

If only regular wait step helps than something is wrong. 

If earlier suggestions do not help you please open a ticket and let HPE experts have a look and see what can be done.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Rodney,

Thanks indeed.

I tried several "end event" (**DOM not always sufficient and **Document loaded or **network may result in a never step termination end),  Often the step never concluded, if one would modified the automatic/chosen even. The automatic choice at least finished the step.

I would like to investigate more, but I am afraid I will leave this topic open, from my side.

in case, will come back to you.

It is also rather difficult to reproduce those happenings. And one should work side by side to see and understand them.

kind regards,

Lara

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Daniel,

>> Does the script with "Wait for Object" fail with Object Identification errors?

No, the page is simply not there yet, that why there was a *waiting for Object*. And this cover my case, about wait for object not sufficient. The second (object located, but not yet ready for activating action) may be the topic for your suggested **Action completed end event, but I really never had much luck playing with those end event. rather solved with fix **wait

Thanks

kind regards,

Lara

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Shlomi,

I did not experiment with all possible **end event combination, but in general, I had no much success using them.

I did open a case, but, as I was telling in a previous reply, it is difficult to catch the issue and hance we closed the case and they confirmed that the use of **waits was widely spread and served the purpose.

(case SD01495044)

thanks

kind regards

Lara

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Thanks for the update Lara

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.