Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

how to Validate if APIs actually create data in database while running a load tes

Hi,

Is there any way to validate if APIs being called during a load test are actually creating any data in database,

like for my scenario i add some services for a patient, when i run the script using VuGen , services are actually added against selected patient. 

When I run the script through controller to monitor application behavior for same scenario under load of 10 users , i dont see any actual data created in database. How can i make sure that APIs hit server and get a valid response back during loadtest as well?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: how to Validate if APIs actually create data in database while running a load tes

Are you running Controller on same machine as VUGen ?

If No, do you have exactly same Controller machine Access as VUGen machine ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: how to Validate if APIs actually create data in database while running a load tes

yes , i am running controller and VuGen on same machines.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Try running a single Vuser from Controller instead of 10. If it works for 1 Vuser from Controller than maybe you have some concurrency issue when running multiple Vusers - you might need to check the connection to the database and ensure it allows concurrent work. If it does not work for 1 Vuser as well than maybe the script fails running at all. You need to add some verification steps and debug the data send/recieved from the server.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.