Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

how to disable the active screen pop up, when replaying LR script

how to disable the active screen pop up, when replaying LR script

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Performance Center Support and News Forum to LoadRunner Support Forum. - Hp forum Moderator

4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

It is because of Runtime Viewer. By default, when you run the script in controller, it is disabled. So, you dont get this problem.

You may try the following:

1. Set the Internet Explorer to not prompt for a Certificate. Here are the steps:
a. Go to Internet Explorer -> Tools > Internet Options -> Security tab
b. For the Local Intranet and Internet, do the following
i. Hit Custom Level
ii. Enable "Don't prompt for client certificate selection when no..."
c. Close the browser and run the script.

2. In VuGen, if still getting the popup windows:
a. Provide the necessary information when the ActiveScreen pops up, or
b. From the Runtime Viewer, go to Options and disable all the options listed
c. Disable the Runtime Viewer ( Tools -> General options -> Display -> and uncheck 'Show browser during replay' )

3. Disable thumbnail generation
i. Open the registry (Start -> run -> regedit)
ii. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mercury Interactive\LoadRunner\Vugen\Thumbnails
iii) Set the GenerateThumbs key to 0 (the default is 1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for your valuable reply. Now the active screen pop up is not displayed.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi I am also facing the same problem, I tried all three options but not working.
Due to this popup windows while executing test in performance center i am getting Http:401 messages(Authorisation required).
My doubt is there any increase in response time due to this popup windows?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Madan, Disabling the Thumbnails from registry did the trick.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.