Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

how to retrieve value from Application using TRU Client

Hi Friends,

I am using Vu Gen , 12.01  ( Ajax Truclient - IE ) protocol.

My Application is generating  on the screen   'AB12345',  I want re use the same  String in further down in the steps.

How do i save this value into variable and use it further down.

Thx

Soku,

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: how to retrieve value from Application

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

After you save the value to a JavaScript variable you can use it for identifying an object later on by adding ArgsContext. prefix prior to the variable name.

Join TruClient Webinar series starting July 12 and ending at the beginning of August. We will cover an example of how to address something like that.

To register see attached file

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can you give one more example... I am using 12.01 ( Ajax tru Client).

The information in the URL is not  working.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Soku,

You will have to be more specific in order to get a more specific reply. Please share a screenshot of your application and specify which value you need to extract. It would help if you mention what type of element it is (i.e. DIV or A or INP:UT, etc...)

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

When I captured a Object.... Please find the attached screen shot

C06473254: Test

I want to capture the  string 'C06473254'  &  use it next steps for my scripts. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Here the attachment

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Soku,

Please change the identification method to Descriptors. In the Desriptors editor change the operator for the text attribute to contains or startsWith and in the text specify the part of the text which is static in order not to fail due to dynamic data. Close the descriptors editor, make sure the element appears in the application window and click on Highlight button to check if the identification works. Tune  it using the Descriptors editor until it does.

In the step action section you need to change the action to Get Property and not Evaluate JavaScript as it is set now. In the Arguments section set the argument to Visible Text and specify a variable name to keep the data captured from the application.

If you do not succeed I suggest contacting HPE support to get assistance.

Good Luck

Shlomi 

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi Shlomi,

I did follow the instructions , now how do we find variable value, which captured the dynamic value.

I did follow following suggested steps.

Hi Soku,

Please change the identification method to Descriptors. In the Desriptors editor change the operator for the text attribute to contains or startsWith and in the text specify the part of the text which is static in order not to fail due to dynamic data. Close the descriptors editor, make sure the element appears in the application window and click on Highlight button to check if the identification works. Tune  it using the Descriptors editor until it does.

In the step action section you need to change the action to Get Property and not Evaluate JavaScript as it is set now. In the Arguments section set the argument to Visible Text and specify a variable name to keep the data captured from the application.

If you do not succeed I suggest contacting HPE support to get assistance.

Good Luck

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.