Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

how to write each iteration status is pass or fail in excel using loadrunner

Hi Team,

Please help me i want to write each iteration results into excel/csv file which is used for parameterization testing.Please help me how to write each iteration status is pass or fail in excel using loadrunner ,here i am using web services scripting.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: how to write each iteration status is pass or fail in excel using loadrunner

Hi,

LoadRunner does not have a built-in function for writing to CSV or Excel file. It does not manage Action status as well.

You can use this reference for building a function for writing to CSV file on your own. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/6a12570b-df26-4736-9f32-60c8b0ccc281/how-to-write-into-a-csv-file-in-c?forum=vcgeneral

You should place a call to this function right before the Action ends. If you reachecd to this function the Action most likely passed. If you wish to manage pass/fail state you will have to capture errors in the script and save the pass/fail state in a variable.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: how to write each iteration status is pass or fail in excel using loadrunner

Hi

Writing to file can also give you troubles. Either that you need to collect all files from all loadgenerators or the possibility that the vusers are locking the file to write to  for eachother.

One good option would be to export the status to a VTS. From there you can export the result to a csv or excel file when executed. VTS (Virtual Table Server) is included in the LoadRunner media, but needs to be installed separately. Help-file with examples is avaliable once i

br /ola

Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.nstalled.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.