Chaman Kalra Absent Member.
Absent Member.

how we change the controller server's

We have valid loadrunner licence running on the server.

We are in the process of changing the server s where the load runner controller are installed on it.

is there any way to do it,

we dont have the support from HP

Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
AlexisB Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: how we change the controller server's

Hi Chaman Kalra,

Hoping you are doing well, I am a LoadRunner Support Representative who will help you on this. Regarding the requirement you want, I assume that you have valid license running on one Application Server machine that works as the Controller machine.

a

If you want to change or use another Application Server and use the current license you need to generate the HostID from that Server machine. Please follow up the follow path:

For LoadRunner 11.50, 11.51 and 11.52:

Start -> HP Software -> License -> LoadRunner License Utility

For LoadRunner 12

Start -> HP Software -> License -> LoadRunner License Utility

or Look for HostID Generator tool.

I attached two screenshot that shows how to get the HostID, with that resouce you need to create a new license support ticket and provide information about the exact number of Vusers you already have got on the current lincense.

If you are planning to install the current lincense to that other Server, it cannot be possible, you need to get the HostID on that Server first and then contact with License deparment and have the  same license bunldes you get.

Please let us know if that information is useful.

Thanks and Regards,

AlexisB Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Chaman Kalra,

Hope you are fine!

if this post or any other post helps to resolve this issue or query, please mark the thread as solbed and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.

Kind Regards,

AlexisB

0 Likes
LoadTest712 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

You need the Service Agreement ID (SAID) to raise the ticket in the HP support portal
0 Likes
Established Member.. NoOp
Established Member..

I hate the answer but I was pretty sure this would be it. I'm internal and when I registerd the licenes I used the system name as the host id not realizing I would have a license that didn't match the host id that had been set by the earlier community kit I had installed.

I love hindsight.

0 Likes
john sidney Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi,

Are you decomissioning the old box?  If so, is it possible to use the same hostname for the new box as your old Controller box?

Back in the day, the license key used to be dependent on your hostname.  Not sure if that's still the case but worth a go if you possible.  They may use the mac address or something similar now so I may be talkign nonsense.

Cheers,

J

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.