Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

issue on Parameter on Vugen script

hello

i want save the value of my parameter  on Action to reuse it on Action1

First question :

it's possible to reuse the value of my parameter to another Action ( in my example Action1)

if yes how can i do it

Seconde question:

what's does mean this error  for the function Lr_save_param , see the attach file . 

Please help

Best regards

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: issue on Parameter on Vugen script

Hi

1st question - no. parametrize each value separately.

2nd question - try the examples here, perhaps there's something wrong with your syntax.

Good Luck,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: issue on Parameter on Vugen script

Actually there is a way to use the parameter value anywhere in the script. There are many ways to do so

1. By saving it to a new param using lr_save_string or other lr_save function

2. By saving the value to a global variable in the script which  is accessible by all actions

3. Use lr_save_param with a new parameter name

4. Save the value in a new VTS parameter

5. I am sure there are other means.

LoadRunner script is a mini program in which you can do whatever you need

Regards,

Shlomi

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.