Highlighted
Senior Member.

krb5.ini (KERBEROS AUTHENTICATION WITH LOADRUNNER )

Hi 

I am facing authentication error through LoadRunner Script because of KERBEROS AUTHENTICATION.  I spoke with HPE support team, they are saying this krb5.ini  we can install in server only not in local machine. i want to install in local system and i need to setup. so that i can proceed my loadrunner testing and its urgent for me, Because of 401 error i am not able to procced. please guide me how to solve issue.

Find the below link which i got from HPE and i am not able to setup in my local system.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj_w5e48M7UAhUIQCYKHWr2CeEQFggiMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.hpe.com%2Fhpeb%2Fattachments%2Fhpeb%2Fsws-LoadRunner_SF%2F8331%2F1%2FLR_Kerberos_Forum.pdf&usg=AFQjCNG7jYoFrCFaGzj9F5ioNFGSLRvJwQ

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hello,

Krb5.ini file is needed only when you want to replay in Sockets mode. If replaying in WinInet mode is okay for you, then no krb5.ini is needed. Kerberos is handled authomatically when using WinInet mode. 

If WinInet is not an option, then you need to configure a krb5.ini file on the VuGen machine where you will develop the script, as well as on any Load Generator machine where you will replay it. Then enable Integrated Authentication in the Runtime settings as per the document you referred to.

Please note that creating the krb5.ini file and adding the correct entries is not a simple task unless you are experienced with Kerberos/IT administrator. Usually the krb5.ini file is created by the IT/Kerberos administrators. If that's not possible, then you can use Wireshark to sniff the Internet Explorer traffic and see what Realm, KDC and AD server it contacts for authentication. Then create the krb5.ini from scratch. Make sure you clean the Kerberos cache prior to recording with Wireshark by executing "klist -purge" command in CMD. 

If the replay in VuGen fails, you need to capture the replay traffic with Wireshark and compare it with the already captured traffic from IE to see what is different and what goes wrong. 

I hope this helps. 

Regards,
Hristo

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.