Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

load runner select instance

Hi friend, i  have a issue about the load runner.  The issue is,  when i am making the load test i want to decide users using which server. i mean all user is using server_1.

Actually sometimes using server_1  sometimes server_2

in this case we closing server_1 and users using server_2.

But i wanna edit this without closing server_1.

Maybe its is possible maybe not. i dont know but  i think its related changing cookies.

any idea about this issue?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: load runner select instance

Hi Eypco,

a clarification questions first: is the server you wish to use explicitly stated in the URL the users are trying to access or is this through a "super farm" and there's a load balancer in the background?

or do you mean which load generator you want the Vusers to use?

Thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

hello AvniLior

there is a load balancer in the background.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Eyupco,

In this case, all you need to do is disable server 2 in the load balancer. no need to close it, just remove it from the configuration.

I think this should do the trick

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

hello man thank your answer.

the company dont accept this situation. they dont wanna change configratuion.

can i add or change any cookie ? do u know ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

HI

You're diving into a whole different area here.

this depends only on your application and if it externalises the server it is working on in the URL.

if that is the case and there can be a direct access to the server through arguments in the URL, than that is the only way it can be done, but again - this is only if your application allows it and is not related to LoadRunner.

I suggest you consult with the developer of the application and if it is possible, you can modify the URL accordingly in the script.

Good Luck,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can ask your webadmin to give the URL of the server which was inteded to test instead of hitting loadbalance URL

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.