Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

.lrr vs .lra

Jump to solution

Hi

I just wanted to know if there are ANY advantages to keep the results (.lrr and folder) after the analysis is preformed and complete data is generated?

Is there any information lost in the Analysis process or is the information just stored in another way?

br /ola

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: .lrr vs .lra

Jump to solution

Hello,

Actually it is not 100% the same data. 

LoadRunner Results (lrr) is the raw data of the load test run

LoadRunner Analysis Session (lra) is the data that was read from the lrr and inserted into a database. Depending on the aggregation settings in Analysis application and the size of the results some of the raw data might be aggregated. If you keep the raw results you ensure you can always recreate the Analysis Session, possibly with different settings. 

From my personal experience, in 95% of the runs keeping the Analysis Session is sufficient. I do recocmmend keeping also the lrr folder as well when it comes to important benchmark runs, such that you'd like to reference or cross result in the future.

Regards,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello OlaBerggren,

The data should be the same. As the only difference from both formats are than the .lrr is the extension of the analysis on the result folder, and the .lr is the extension when you saved an analysis report.

Regards,

Daniela Gómez Alvarado
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello,

Actually it is not 100% the same data. 

LoadRunner Results (lrr) is the raw data of the load test run

LoadRunner Analysis Session (lra) is the data that was read from the lrr and inserted into a database. Depending on the aggregation settings in Analysis application and the size of the results some of the raw data might be aggregated. If you keep the raw results you ensure you can always recreate the Analysis Session, possibly with different settings. 

From my personal experience, in 95% of the runs keeping the Analysis Session is sufficient. I do recocmmend keeping also the lrr folder as well when it comes to important benchmark runs, such that you'd like to reference or cross result in the future.

Regards,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Shlomi

This was the same assumptions I have made, just wanted to have them confirmed.

I have also found it nececarry to keep the .lrr on very seldom occations, but you pointed out when it was needed, when wanting to cross the results with other runs.

Thanks!

/ola

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.