Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

. matches newline in web_reg_save_param regex

Hi,

I am tryline to use a . (dot) in a regex and I need it to be able to match a newline.  Since there is not an LR option to enable this is it possible and if so how do I modify the regex please? I have tried to add a /s mode modifier at the end of the regex in order to enable web_reg_save_param_regexp to include the newline in the dot matches but I am not getting the result that I require.

Any suggesions please?

Regards,

Dean

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: . matches newline in web_reg_save_param regex

Hi

This can't be done to my knowledge.

But \\n will match the newline in web_reg_save_param_regexp

So to make . match  a newline you could use

"RegExp=YourLeftBoundary(.*\\n.*)YourRightBoundary",

Hopefullt this approach will be enough.

br /ola

Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.