Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

merge two different protocol scripts

Is it possible to merge two different protocol scripts since i want to share some of the captured date from one protocol scripts to other protocol script?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: merge two different protocol scripts

please kindly requesting someone to reply on this above Query
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

It's not clear from your question what kind of "data" would you like to share. Please provide an exact use case scenario to explain the challenge.

Igor Markov
R&D Manager, Performance Engineering Core
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thank you for your reply. My first script will capture some tracking numbers and the same numbers will be used in second script. Each script is independent protocol script and I am not sure which protocols these could be since this scenario still in design phase. So requesting you suggest me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

From the description this do not sound like two different protocols. It is more about sharing data between scripts, could be same and could be different protocols.

If should be done dynamically, while executing tests there is a bundled solution in LoadRunner called VTS (Virtual Table Server). This soulution is a web-based and lets one script add data (ordernumbers, trackingnumbers) and another script consume them (search, pay).

Some information is available in LoadRunner-help, but full help is available after install. Installation files are included in LoadRunner media. Only "disadvantage" is that you will need another server to install it on.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.