Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

pop up blocks true client

Hi,

I have an issue with true client. when I play the script there is a pop up from application whit field that is not fully recognized. then the pop up from true client shows up and asks to confirm that this is the field, or locate it or cancel. This is the field, but I cannot confirm it, as the pop up from application with that field blocks me from clicking on locate button.

any ideas how to solve it ? 😉

a short video here - https://youtu.be/DtD23FRueto , this what gives sound is thte pop up while I try to click 'yes'

regards

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: pop up blocks true client

Hi,

This is a challenge indeed.

One option is to try opening this window as a regular window. You can try doing so by logging to the application, try to get the URL or the dialog, manuually ooen a new tab and paste that URL in there.

If it does not work you can record a new script, replay and see if the identification works there. If it does export the step from the new script, delete the existing step from the old script and import the just exported step into the old script. To export and import steps, right clicj a step or steps and choose Export Steps option.

Last option, open the application in regular browser, try opening developer tools in that modal dialog. Spy for that object and capture its' properties. Get back to TruClient, change the identification method of the step to Descriptors and use the captured properlties.

If you need further help please contact HPE support

Regards,

Shlomi

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Shlomi,

Can we add "wait for object" for a pop-up? I was unable to do it as the pop-up covers the page. we need to come out of the pop-up for adding actions from tool-box. 

Best Regards

Vishal Barnwal

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

There are 3 types of pop ups I can think of:

1. Application pop-up implemented using HTML

2. A new pop-up window

3. A browser dialog such as Alert, Confirm, Authentication

For the first two you can use "Wait for Object" step, you just need to select an object in the window or HTML pop-up message that indicates the application is in the right step for the script to continue to run.

For the third one there is no "Wait for Dialog" step, instead you can define an event handler for a dialog. It will give you the same results.

You can read more about Event Handlers here. You have examples how to use it for handling Dialogs

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.