Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

"An error has occured" popup error while compiling or replaying the script in vugen.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have installed LR 12 on my win7 system, while compiling the recorded script a popup message is received as "An error has occured" and it hangs there...while showing compiling at the bottom of the screen..

I have reinstalled the application by following all the uninstall steps...still reproducing the same error...

Please advice...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor..

Re: "An error has occured" popup error while compiling or replaying the script in vugen.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Issue resolved when vugen is opened as an administrator. Thanks for your inputs..

Regards,

Prasanna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: "An error has occured" popup error while compiling or replaying the script in vugen.

Jump to solution

Hi Prasanna,

Which protocol you get this error message for? 
Do you have a custom code (code added manually) in the script? 
Can you please give us more details about the error message you receive? 
If in the pop up window there is a details button can you please provide a snapshot what it shows?
Alternatively you can check if there is an error message available in the Event Viewer.

This problem can be result of an antivirus or a hooking software. Does the issue appear if you disable the antivirus or the hooking software in your environment? 

Kind regards, 
Vesela 

HPE Support
If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give Kudos to the author for their assistance.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Vesela,

Please see below inline comments:

Which protocol you get this error message for? Web Http/Html or for any protocol I select
Do you have a custom code (code added manually) in the script? Just Recorded youtube login and replayed
Can you please give us more details about the error message you receive? Please refer the attached error pic
If in the pop up window there is a details button can you please provide a snapshot what it shows?No details button on popup
Alternatively you can check if there is an error message available in the Event Viewer. Pls refer attached pic

I have upgraded my system with new SSD hard disk, so had to install the new LR 12 package. This issue occured after installing the new LR software, earlier I did not faced this issue.

Note: I have reinstalled the LR and checked, still same issue as in attachment. When compiled or replayed eroor is displayed.

PC details: Intel Core i5 CPU @3.20 GHz, RAM: 8GB, OS: WIn7

Thanks, 
Prasanna

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Prasanna, 

What is the antivirus running on your LoadRunner machine?

If you disable it will you face the same issue? 

Will you face the same issue if you run VuGen as an administrator? 

One additional suggestion if antivirus or a hooking software is causing the issue, you can try using Proxy recording. Please check the chapter How to Record a Script via a Proxy in LoadRunner 12 user guide and the following post: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-LoadRunner-and-Performance/Using-proxy-recording-for-local-AUTs-in-LoadRunner-12-00/ba-p/6416362

If neither of this suggestions work, please open a case with HP software support. 

Kind regards, 

Vesela 

HPE Support
If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give Kudos to the author for their assistance.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

Issue resolved when vugen is opened as an administrator. Thanks for your inputs..

Regards,

Prasanna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello every one,

I am using LR 12.02 trial version, script is recorded but while when I click on reply button, its showing "An error has occurred" meesage.

I have opened Vugen as administrator, disabled anti virus software, disabled proxy settings but still i am facing the same issue.

can any one please help me on this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

I did this and I still get the error.  When I open the script, I can run it once, then after that I keep getting the error.

ANy help?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi All,

To solve this eror I am trying to install loadrunner patch , but I am unable to donwload it from link provided.

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/LR_03569

It gives me am error "You don't have permission".

I need to install this patcg urgently . Could you help me out.

Thanks,

Tanisha

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I am using loadrunner 12.5 and have installed patches 1 and 3.

Still I get this error "an error has occured" while replaying script.

I cannot disable anti virus in my system as I dont have rights to do that and we cannot do that as per compliance.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks,

Tanisha

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I am receiving a similar error.  I have LoadRunner 12.50 with Patch 3. 

After I updated to Patch 3, and when I create a new HTTP/HTML Web script, I am receiving the "An error has occured" pop during the replay of any new script that I create.  

I launched Vugen as administrator and still receive the same issue.  

However, for existing scripts that I generated prior to the patch 3 update, I do not receive the error during replay.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi ,

When you are getting "An error has occurred". Just follow up below things,

1. Save as your script with different name and different location then close the script.
  2. Open newly saved script.
  3. Go to Tools -> Option -> Turn off the Run Time Viewer.
  4. Compile -> Save -> Run now.

(It will work. Even if you are trying many time execution and It won't throw any error like "An error has occurred".)

Cheers!

Regards,
Sakthirajan Kathirvel
Tags (2)
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Amen!  thanks for the post !!!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.