Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

"LoadRunner installation cannot be detected" while using the IntelliJ IDEA plugin

Hello!

I've been trying to check out this fancy new Idea plugin described here since our project requires quite a lot of java scripting. However, when I try making a new project in Idea, I get a message from the title. I have VuGen 12.63 installed.

Can I somehow point the plugin towards my VuGen installation? Is there some registry value that I need to create?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: "LoadRunner installation cannot be detected" while using the IntelliJ IDEA plugin

Hi,

Please make sure your env has JDK and LoadRunner Full be installed, after that, you can installed the IntelliJ IDEA plugin, be aware that the version of plugin you installed must be matched with the LR version on your env.

Thanks,

Penn

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: "LoadRunner installation cannot be detected" while using the IntelliJ IDEA plugin

Hi Quinteger,

Which IntelliJ IDEA version are you on?

As you are using LR 12.63, the intelliJ plugin provided by Micro Focus won't support newer IDEA versions than 12.63 GA date. You may refer to PAM document for the up to three versions of IntelliJ IDEA that are supported by each LR version.

Specifically, if you downloaded IntelliJ 2019.2  or later, the default JDK used by IDEA is JDK 11 which is incompatible with LR's prerequisite JDK 1.8.

Thanks,

Tedy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I am using Idea 2019.3.3. Is it strictly Idea version related or rather jdk-related? I changed the default jdk to java 8, tried both 64-bit and 32-bit. You can also select the jdk used for the project right in the New Project window.

Also, interestingly, once I click the "LoadRunner Script" option, my entire Idea window loses focus.

Where can I find said PAM document? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi,

Unluckily there is no such notice in the PAM (Product Availability Matrix) document of 12.63 about supported IntelliJ versions.

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/lr/en/12.60-12.63/help/PDFs/PC_LR_System_Requirements_12.63.pdf

According to the release timeline, I think it should support IntelliJ 2019.1 and 2018.3.

Please try those versions for LR 12.63 to see if the problem can be solved.

At meanwhile, if you plan to upgrade to LR 2020 soon, you can try IntelliJ 2019.1 and 2019.2 according to its PAM document https://admhelp.microfocus.com/lr/en/2020/help/PDFs/PC_LR_System_Requirements_2020.pdf

Thanks,

Tedy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hello again!

I managed to make the plugin work by forcing my IDEA 2019.3.3 to run using JDK 8 instead of the default JDK 11. You can do this by setting an environment variable (IDEA_JDK or IDEA_JDK_64) as described here. This way, I was able to create a new LoadRunner project in IDEA.

However, now I face a different problem: the script fails to run, script output window reports:

mdrv process terminated. Exit code: 1

Also, while the parameter window opens correctly, the runtime settings window seems to crash as soon as I open it, as I was able to tell by looking at task manager.

If I open the script in VuGen (12.63) , it runs correctly.

I tried using different versions of JDK for IDEA runtime, including  Oracle 8.201, Oracle 8.121, x86 and x64 versions of OpenJDK 8.252 (using IDEA x64 with the latter), but all yield the same result.

Is this a known issue?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi,

I assume you are using IntelliJ addin from LR 12.63, right?

Normally it should just work.

Can you help to provide more information for troubleshooting?

1) Upload your script folder in zip ball and provide the full path to the script folder on your local (hide your user name). And tell us if your script name differ from folder name.
2) Download procmon (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon) and set filter to be "ProcessName contains mdrv.exe", and then running the script from IntelliJ. Save the captured .PML file and upload it.

Thanks,

Tedy

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.