NOTICE: Significant community changes coming soon
The header menu and the home page on our community will be changing soon. Get more information HERE.
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

"Protocol Error" during recording of RDP protocol script in Loadrunner

Jump to solution

Hi ,

Received error message "Because of Protocol error, the session will be terminated. Please try again later"  during recording of RDP protocol script. Please help me in resolving the issue.

Thanks,

Chandra

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Please try the attached fix. Extranct them to VuGen's bin folder.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

COuld you please tell me your enviornment?

Which LR version is used, what's the OS at client and server side, what's the mstsc version, and is TC role enabled if the server side is a Windows Server OS?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HI,

Are you recoding through mutiple protocol in loadrunner,if not please try that.If you are recording through that please use protocol advisor to observe through which protocol your application is running

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Client side operating system is windows 7 and server is windows 2012 standard version.

I do not understand what TC role is ?

Thanks

Chandra

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Also i am using Loadrunner 12.01 community version. Client side MSTSC version is 6.3. 9600.16415 and MSTSC version on Server is 6.2.9200.16465. Installed HP agent for Terminal service on server.

What is TC role ?

Thanks

Chandra

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi siva,

I recorded using multiple protocols also. The result is also same  "protocol error".

Anything special to do if the protocol is RDP?

Thanks

Chandra

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

TC role is terminal service. (It's renamed to Remote Desktop Service in win 2012).

For your case, did you change the RDP settings at win2012 side? As well as I know, Win2012 did not enable some isolated autentication mode by default, which is required by RDP recording. The link below is for Windows 8 but win 2012 should be similar. Please check whether that option is checked.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/692480ec-7384-4042-923c-e9cc50460b03/configure-network-level-authentication-for-remote-desktop-services-connections-rdp-from-windows-xp?forum=configmgrosd

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Network Layer Authentication check box box was unchecked on Windows 2012 server machine.

Thanks

Chandra

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Please try the attached fix. Extranct them to VuGen's bin folder.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi  KertLuo,

Thank you very much. You solved my issue. Now i am not receiving any error.

Thanks

Chandra

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks for the feedback. This issue will be fixed in the coming 12.02 version.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hey Guys,

I am trying to record using RDP in Loadrunner. Just to log in and log out using RDP. It launches RDP but gives this message "The remote computer requires Network Level Authentication, which your computer does not support."

I am using windows 7 in client side.

Not really sure if this means any change in system network of the remote machine. Does anyone has comeacross similar situation?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.