Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

"Proxy recording error: can not establish a secure connection to the client."

Hi,

I am trying to record some app with the Mobile Application (HTTP /HTML) protocol.but facing the "Proxy recording error: can not establish a secure connection to the client." error in the recording log of load runner. Please find attachment. 

Please let me know if anybody has faced this error.

Thanks in advance

Nikhil

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: "Proxy recording error: can not establish a secure connection to the client."

Hi,

Did you installed proxy certificate on mobile device?

- Start LR proxy recording.

-  From device browser go to link: http://<LR_machine_IP>:8888/proxyroot.cer and accept certificate.

For details please refer to help "VuGen > VuGen Workflow > Recording > How to Record a Script via a Proxy > Use Case 3: Your application communicates using SSL. "

Regards,

Mikhail

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: "Proxy recording error: can not establish a secure connection to the client."

Hi Mikhail,

I tried this http://<LR_machine_IP>:8888/proxyroot.cer url to install certificate but its not opening. Can you please suggest what could be the problem. I tried it as it is as you mention. 

Also, Will this work to record the .apk traffic? or is there any way to record the .apk file traffic.

Thanks

Nikhil 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Nikhil,

If you'll set LR machine as proxy on Android device, than all traffic from device will be captured.

Another way to install the certificate is to donwload it on your machine and copy to the root of SD card. To do this:

- Start proxy recording;

- Open IE browser, go to : http://localhost:8888/proxyroot.cer and download certificate;

- Copy this certificate to root of SD card on Android device;

- On device go to Settings -> Security -> "Install from device storage".

IMPORTANT: If you use LR 12.50, please install this patch prior getting the certificate.

Regards,

Mikhail

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Hello!

I'm trying to download and install the proxyroot.cer in a Nexus 4 device with Android 4.2.2. version, using the installed path for LoadRunner 12.50 and it doesn't work.

I have downloaded the proxyroot.cer recording in VuGen via proxy, but when I try to open in the device when I download the certicate the device says that it can't open the file.

I try to open it by this steps: Setting\Personal\Security\Credential Storage\Install from Storage and the device show me the next message: "No certificate to install".

I atach images of the device with the message.

What I have to do now for trying to install the proxyroot.cer certificate?

Thank for your time.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Hello again!

I have tried also with other devices, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Samsung Galaxy S5.

In the first device happens the same that happened with the Nexus 4 device.

For the second one, I tried with LoadRunner 12.50 without any patch and it doesn't work.

I tried with this version of LR because with an iPhone 6 and the certificate of LR 12.50 with patch 3 there was a mistake with the certificate and LR doesn't allow me to use the proxy with the proxyroot.cer certificate instaled.

So:

• For iPhone 6 device I have download the certificate proxyroot.cer from LR 12.50 without patch: IT WORKS
  • For iPhone 6 device I have download the certificate proxyroot.cer from LR 12.50 with patch 3: DOESN'T RECORD
  • For Samsung Galaxy s5, I have download the certificate proxyroot.cer from LR 12.50 without patch DOESN'T RECORD
  • For Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Nexus 4, I have download the certificate proxyroot.cer from LR 12.50 with patch 3: DOESN'T RECORD

So, I think that there is a mistake with the proxyroot.cer certificate in Android Devices.

What can I do for installing that certificate and record the script via proxy in the Android Devices?

Thank for your time.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Jesus,

I would suggest two options here:

1. LR 12.50 without patch: We had an issue with proxy certificate on Android devices, it was solved and can be fixed by applying this KB : https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01881983

2. LR 12.50 Patch 3: Certificate encription was changed from old sha-1 to sha-256, so if new certificate doen't work please add the following lines to %LR_PATH%\config\vugen.ini and regenerate the certificate:
[WebRecorder]
ProxyCertificateHash=sha1

Regards,

Mikhail

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This seems to generate sha256 cert only

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.