Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

"There is no valid license" error when executing LR Controller 12.02 Community Edition

I am reposting this question as I didn't obtain an answer in the post I asked the question in on 7/17/2015.  To be fair, it was a tag-along question with a similar issue that "rwangnet" entered on 9/25/2014.

Here is the issue:

When attempting to run LR Controller V12.02, a dialog box pops up that states "There is no valid license" and "To renew your license(s), contact HP Software's Customer Support."  as shown below.  If anyone has information on this, please respond here.  Thank you!

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: "There is no valid license" error when executing LR Controller 12.02 Community Edition

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: "There is no valid license" error when executing LR Controller 12.02 Community Edition

Dennis Handly... thank you for a response, but all that came through was a link to my original post?  Was that what you intended or?

Thanks

tedson

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello tedson,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Can you try and open the licens utility of LoadRunner?

can you please paste the outcome of what you see?

Thank you,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Lior... thank you for responding.  Here is a shot of the license utility.  I had not looked at this before in relation to this issue.  I hadn't looked as I thought that since the product stated it came with 50 licenses that it was useable with those to do work in small tests.  Looking forward to hearing back from you.  Thanks again

tedson

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi tedson,

The problem you are facing is a result of the community license installation failure.

I would do one of the following:

• Try to run a "Repair" of the LoadRunner installation from the controll pannel (NOTE: you need to direct the "Repair" program to the source of the installation ) - There is NO gurranty that this will fix the problem
  • Open a ticket for HP Support so that they can connect to your machine and fix this issue

I hope this will solve your problem soon.

Thank you and good luck,

Lior 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Lior....

Well, I did a repair and though the repair did find some files missing, I was able to fix those issues manually.  However, even after the repair I still have the same issue.

I am now going to uninstall the 12.02 CE and install the updated version to see if I can get it going with that.

//tedson

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi tedson,

I recommend you try the installation with administrative privliges, meaning right click on the setup file and choose "Run As Administrator" - This may help to prevent the problem from happening.

Good luck and would be happy to hear if it helped.

Thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

>Was that what you intended?

Exactly, to make it easy to find.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.