Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

script stuck at processing

I am working with loadrunner version 12.63(updated) in truclient.

in my script there is a step where I click next and a confirmation window comes up and asks me to continue or cancel. manually there is no issue if I click continue, but with script when the continue button is clicked, it just keeps on processing and doesn't move to next page. I have checked by highlighting the continue button and it is fine. can anyone tell me any solution to work around this?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: script stuck at processing

Hi Narender,

I suggest you to change the identification method on "Continue" button. 

clipboard_image_0.png

First, select "XPath" method and try to re-execute the script; if it fails again, then extract the XPath of the object from Google Search Control (press F12 on the interested web page) and copy-paste this string on the "XPath" form on TruClient, 

clipboard_image_2.png

The second option is about "Descriptor" method: it consists on identification based on some XML descriptors of the object on the HTML original page. So change to "Descriptor" method the identification of the step, and then try to re-execute the navigation. 

Obviously, try both on development mode and silent mode (from VuGen). 

Let me know!

Lorenzo

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hi lb1
I tried all these methods in both development and silent mode, and is getting failed at that step.
The issue is, though with every method the CONTINUE BUTTON(object) is getting clicked but after getting clicked it shows processing and doesn't move to next page. While doing this step manually, on clicking CONTINUE BUTTON, I am able to move to next page.
So, I think the object is getting identified but still not behaving as expected.
pls let me know I any info required...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

also, this CONTINUE BUTTON is a small popup kind of window that appears as a confirmation window.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Narender, 

have you tried to make "manually" a step about the clic? Try to drag a "Generic Object Action" from the Toolbox and select the "Continue" button, then select the "Click" as "Step" and make some tests with "Automatic", "XPath" and "Descriptors" as identification methods. 

After this, I haven't so much other suggestions...

Let me know,

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hi lb1
I tried this method but, the result remains the same.
the script after clicking the CONTINUE BUTTON keeps on showing processing and remains in that state though on clicking the highlight the Button is getting highlighted. As I earlier stated, the CONTINUE BUTTON comes in a confirmation window. So is this possible that bcoz of this popup window the script fails to identify the object?
if yes, is there any other way to resolve this as my script is stuck because of this.
Also can you take a look at this issue too
https://community.microfocus.com/t5/LoadRunner-User-Discussions/How-to-put-dynamic-wait-for-object-in-Truclient/m-p/2699864#M30749

thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Narender, 

I'm sorry you still have problems with that darn button...Ok, we can try by changing the "End Event" arguments of the step: this option say to LoadRunner how to control the action of the step. You can try to set some "End Event"s, both on "manually" button registration and direct recording from navigation. 

clipboard_image_0.png

What browser do you use? If you use Chrome, maybe there're some problems with Apache...take a look on this article, 

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/LoadRunner-User-Discussions/Truclient-12-55-not-handling-the-confirmation-popup-while/td-p/1642243

Let me know,

Lorenzo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.