Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

shared runtime setting

in Controller 11.52 I would like to modify the runtime settings for a subset or all of my groups. The way I thought is done is through the Shared RTS in "Multiple Run-Time Setting Mode. But when I change the runtime settings in the "Run-time setttings shared Mode it does not take effect! what am I doing wrong.

Also is there an easy way of updating the "Script Path" so that you don' have to change one by one? and one more if I may please: when you change the "Script Path" for a group in controller the runtime settings are set to default, how can this be prevented?

thank

Saeed

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Saeed,

The steps to apply the Shared RTS are:

-Select all the groups

-Right click -> Runtime settings or click on Runtime settings button.

-Choose Shared RTS.

-Perform the changes

-Check individually if the changes were done.

I tried on my side (LR 11.52 patch 1) and it is working fine. If you do not have installed the patch 1, please install it and check if that helps you.

When you are creating the new scenario and adds the scripts by default LR controller "reads" the script location and set it as script path, unfortunately that value can be changed just manually and one by one as are separate groups/scripts.

Regarding to last question, as the "script" is changed (you are changing the script path location), returns to default values as you are "adding" a new script.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you.

Thanks a lot.

Aleyda Espinoza

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thanks Aleyda

tried your steps but changes don't take effect. Probably because we don't have the patch #1 the current build is 1323 however we recently upgraded one of our controler machines to verstion 12.02.0 build 1258 and on that machine works fine which is a good sigh. shame the path change could not be simpler! perhaps a minor feature request!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.