Highlighted
Senior Member.

using TrueClient with Chrome

Hi,

I am using VGen version 12.50 and I see we have 3 browser options - IE, Chromium, Firefox

I bilieve Chronomium is different from Chrome. Is there any way to use Chrome as by default?

My am using an application which is developed using Angular 6. Is Trueclient the best protocol or should I move back to Web-HTTP/HTML?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: using TrueClient with Chrome

Hi @Sayantan,

Chromium is not so different than Chrome. Chrome is built on top of Chromium and the differences are minor and unlikely to impact your requirements to simulate workload against your application. Chrome adds automatic update, usage tracking of browser features, web store and additional features that are not that important for testing and automation.

The main difference bewteen using your application in Chrome and TruClient Chromium is that in TruClient Chromium the browser is launched in incognito mode in order to support complete separation of virtual users and ensure they do not share the same cache, cookies and connections.

TruClient Chromium is the ideal option for automating/performance testing of Angular based application in case you do not need to run more than 300-500 Vusers. TruClient runs a real browser instance for each Vuser and that results in high CPU and memory footprint. If you have enough Load Generators you can use TruClient, otherwise I suggest using Web (HTTP/HTML). Web (HTTP/HTML) will require effort in dealing with dynamic data returned by the server.

If you are using LoadRunner I recommend upgrading to version 12.60 in which Angular support is much better for TruClient IE. It is not mature enough in 12.50, hence my recommendation to use TruClient Chromium only.
If you are using Performance Center and need help in the upgrade please send me a private message and we will take it from there.

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: using TrueClient with Chrome

Thanks Shlomi for detailed answer. I'd add one point. In version 12.60, TruClient Chromium is running in normal mode, incognito is no longer used. This helps to reduce the difeence between Chrome and TruClient Chromium.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.