Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

vUgen Error (Error: Com error. CoCreateInstance CDBUserManager failed. -2147221164)

Hi All

Im getting the following error when trying to execute the next instruction, is there any I may be missing ?

any help will be really Apreciated.

INSTRUCTION

=============================================================================================

lr_db_connect("StepName=connection",
 "ConnectionName=S3NetInOut",
 "ConnectionString=Data Source=(Ip Address);Initial Catalog=;Integrated Security=False;User ID=UserID;Password=XXXXXXX",
 "ConnectionType=SQL",
 LAST);

EXTENDED LOG

================================================================================================

Virtual User Script started at : 2012-01-10 11:18:52
Starting action vuser_init.
Web Services replay version 11.0.0 for WINXP; Toolkit: "NotDefined"; build 8859
Run-Time Settings file: "D:\qs3\webservice\\default.cfg"
Vuser directory: "D:\qs3\webservice"
Vuser output directory: "D:\qs3\webservice\"
LOCAL start date/time:  2012-01-10 11:18:52
Ending action vuser_init.
Running Vuser...
Starting iteration 1.
Starting action Action.
Action.c(4): DB Connection "connection" started ... Wait ....
Action.c(4): Error: Com error. CoCreateInstance CDBUserManager failed. -2147221164.
Ending action Action.
Ending iteration 1.
Ending Vuser...
Starting action vuser_end.
Ending action vuser_end.
Vuser Terminated.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: vUgen Error (Error: Com error. CoCreateInstance CDBUserManager failed. -2147221164)

Hi,

Did you solve it?

I'm having the same error...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: vUgen Error (Error: Com error. CoCreateInstance CDBUserManager failed. -2147221164)

Can anyone please share with me the solution.Even i am getting the same issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: vUgen Error (Error: Com error. CoCreateInstance CDBUserManager failed. -2147

I just ran into this same issue with the latest 12.56 release, but it is not release dependent. This typically occurs because the script was originally recorded as a single protocol (i.e. web) and DB-Vuser code (like calling a SQL Server) has been added manually later. There are additional header files and library references needed to make that work. I would recommend to create a new script using MULTI-PROTOCOL and select all the protocols (like both web and ODBC) and then paste all your code from the old script into the new one and try to replay. Take a look at the differences in the #include lines in the global.h file and you will probably see why it was failing.

Something else to keep in mind. This may run fine in Vugen and the Controller but if you try to call this script from the command line options it may fail. This is because the command line runs MDRV.EXE, and the Controller executes MMDRV.EXE when it runs. You can use MMDRV.EXE in the command line options as well and it should play back when MDRV.EXE fails.

Thanks,

Scott Moore
Scott Moore Consulting LLC
http://scottmoore.consulting
TWITTER: @loadtester
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: vUgen Error (Error: Com error. CoCreateInstance CDBUserManager failed. -2147

Please try re-register an assembly as below,

1. open command line window,

2. CD to LR's bin folder.

3. Find the "RegAsm.exe" in your machine. In my machine it's "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe".  It should be somewhere similar in yours

4.Use the command as below:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe   SOA_DBInteraction.dll

If you see "Types registered successfully", please try replay the script again. Otherwise, please provide the output in commandline. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi,

Is there alse another known solution?

I switched to Windows 10 (from 7) and now getting this error also, but the workaround mentoined did not do the trick for me.

Regards,

Rob

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Problem solved:

after installing .net framework 3.5 my problem was solved.

windows 10 -> search for windows features -> enable .net framework 3.5

Regards,

Rob

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.