Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

vuGen 11.52 - JavaRecordReplay --> Main class: Format-Definition

Jump to solution

Hi at all,

I have a little tool which creates an initiates connections parallel to a server. It's normaly startet in a batch-File with several params, in I can enter the numbers of parallel open connections (e.g. 181 see below). It keeps the connections until I close the batch.

set CLASSPATH=NetPhantomClient.jar;NetPhantomServer.jar
%java_home%\bin\java.exe -Xmx256M se.entra.phantom.test.StressNoGUI 181 Wait:100 APP:ADRESS:AD:BELEIH:BSHTOP:COTEX:RLV:SONSTIGE:VERTRAG0:VERTRAG1:VERTRAG2:VOLLSTR:ZAHLGVK HOSTID:A HOST:bob-netphantom-ppu-1 PORT:1789

Now I want to use PC to run the tool with my loadgenerators to run severel hundred parallel vUsers to simulate real world traffic over a time.

I tried to run the class simply as JavaRecordReplay - Java application and entered the jar-Files in the classpath and so on.

My only problem is, that I can't enter an acceptable class-File or something. (See line in red)

Does anybody have an idea or useful tutorial for me?

Thanks a lot

Pascal Calovini

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Pascal,

usually the recommended way to record a Java Record/Replay application is to use the Applicaion type "Executable\Batch" in the recording options and start it this way. Then you don't have to specify the application main class. You already have a batch file so just try using that.

However, I doubt very much Vugen will record anything as it won't have any pre-defined hooks for your test app - it only has them for RMI applications etc. So to record anything that we don't have pre-defined hooks for you would have to develop your own custom hooks. This can be very tricky depending on the complexity of the application.

In your case it appears this is a small tool. As such it may be easier to just use the Java Vuser protocol and manually code everything yourself.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Pete

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Pascal,

usually the recommended way to record a Java Record/Replay application is to use the Applicaion type "Executable\Batch" in the recording options and start it this way. Then you don't have to specify the application main class. You already have a batch file so just try using that.

However, I doubt very much Vugen will record anything as it won't have any pre-defined hooks for your test app - it only has them for RMI applications etc. So to record anything that we don't have pre-defined hooks for you would have to develop your own custom hooks. This can be very tricky depending on the complexity of the application.

In your case it appears this is a small tool. As such it may be easier to just use the Java Vuser protocol and manually code everything yourself.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Pete

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.
Thanks for Idea, but and I'll try it, when my VuGen finds some JDK-Folder one time....

But nethertheless I would be interessted how to enter the classname in the field??
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..
Hello

I would recommend you first identify the protocol it uses for communication, use Java Record replay base only that it allows to call a batch is not giving any guarantee that it will work, work on get the communication protocol and start from there, there are other way to call a batch from within the script, you may also call the com or exe files directly and send the required parameters as program arguments, in any case the Windows Socket protocol should record it this uses TCP.

hope this helps
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Does the classpath in recording options have the appropriate JAR file which has your main class?

Looks like vugen cannot spot the class you have named.

Also please use the fully qualified name .... eg : com.myapp.mypackage.mainClass

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.