Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

vuGen script inserts additional URLs in script

Hi All

I am creating script using vuGen to monitor internal web application. However while replaying I am seeing errors like,

vuser_init.c(75): Error -27794: Could not resolve address of host ocsp.thawte.com       [MsgId: MERR-27794]
Vuser Terminated.

I know I can correct this problem in replay->run time settings->proxy

But my question is why vuGen is trying to connect to host ocsp.thawte.com, since this host is not been used by us.

Please clarify how to avoid this issue

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

I don't think it's Vugen that is trying to access this URL, but rather your application under test.

OCSP stands for online certification status protocols (more details here) and thawte are a ceritification provider.

My guess is that your application is signed with their certificate and there's a call generated during your business process to that URL.

if you can work around it with the proxy modificaiton you mentioned - use it.

Good Luck,

Lior

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.