Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
4403 views

web_convert_param in HTTP/HTML protocol

 During autocorrelation some web_convert_param functions gets added in the script and in 12.5 I found this function was something like the one below,

   web_convert_param("CorrelationParameter_2_URL2",         "SourceString=CorrelationParameter_2",         "SourceEncoding=HTML",         "TargetEncoding=URL",         LAST);

 

and the script didn's pass the correct correlation value.On analyzing we found that the parameter was not passed as {CorrelationParameter_2_URL2} in version 12.5 ,however in version 12 it was like the one below,

 

    web_convert_param("ViewState_2_URL2",         "SourceString={ViewState_2}",         "SourceEncoding=HTML",         "TargetEncoding=URL",         LAST);

 

So even if the function is placed automatically by LR engine there is a discrepancy and thus causing extra work (Automatic correlation is to make life simple,but re-checking for things like these we can do the correlation manually with the help of user guide)

 

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: web_convert_param in HTTP/HTML protocol

Yes, I am getting hit byt this constantly in just about each script (due to the nature of the web http/html traffic in the application under test).

 

I've written a small checklist, my problem 2 with solution looks somewhat like this:

 

PROBLEM 2:    [Fix Vugen code generation bug]
    LoadRunner 12.50 Vugen has a bug, it generates:

        web_convert_param("NAME_URL2",
                  "SourceString=NAME",        //No {curly brackets!}
                  "SourceEncoding=HTML",
                  "TargetEncoding=URL",
                  LAST);
    instead of desired:
        web_convert_param("NAME_URL2",
                  "SourceString={NAME}",    //Edited them in by hand
                  "SourceEncoding=HTML",
                  "TargetEncoding=URL",
                  LAST);
SOLUTION: patch manually! (Do this before the renaming steps.) Use CTRL+F to Search, search for web_convert_param and use scope Current Script

 

 

We use this checklist to share knowledge among performance testers in Europe and India spead out over several projects.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: web_convert_param in HTTP/HTML protocol

Thanks .That's what I did too after I realized. If I hadn't realized I would have spent few more days to figure out and that's not what automatic correlation is intended too right:).May be if HP adds this to their upcoming patches It would be helpful for Performance testers like me.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.