Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

web_custom_request() not waiting for response

Hi All, 

I have recorded the scipt and there is one web_custom_request() in that script which is sending the request but do not wait for the response and Vugen hits the next request. Due to which next step of the script are failing.

I have done all corelation also if sometime the response come in within the time that response is ok.

This is one search request which is hit and n return it gives the result of that search,. 

How can i make this step wait until it get the actual response.

Thanks and Regards

Nikhil Kamboj

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: web_custom_request() not waiting for response

1 Did you record in Web/HTML I assume. Did record your script as HTML-based or URL-based (See Recording Options -> General -> Recording).  I assume the latter, so try to record as URL based and check the differences.

2 Did you alter your your script and has it a web_concurrent_start/end section around your call?

3 What happens when you enable full logging and stpe through your script with debugging...

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi Nikhil Kamboj, 

I had a similar problem when part of a series of web_custom_request() functions were not executed. I've fixed the problem changing protocol to Web Service and using a web_service_call() function: similar to the Web HTTP/HTML protocol, in this way you can import easily all requests (you can provide URLs and requests in .txt, .xml mode to form the request function) and choose the execution stile sorting the functions. 

I hope to help, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi,
I have used HTML mode of recording no web concurrent start function is recorded. I have enhanced the script with all correlations. Could you please.elaborate what should be the approach.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi Lorenzo
Thank you for the response. Do u exactly mean I should convert my web scripts to web services ?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.