Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
263 views

web_reg_find fails

I am unable to capture the count for a text string on an HTML page of a web based application.

When I open the application manually, I can see the text string but I cannot find the text string from View Source option of the browser.

I tried with both HTML mode and URL mode, it does't work. Looks like there are some async calls.

Please help me in handling this text check, as the result of this test check is used as entry criteria for other actions.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: web_reg_find fails

Hello,

 I think you need to make sure where the string comes from. this certainly can be done by analyzing the page souce. if the string is generated by some client side javascipt, or controls, web_reg_find could not work on this condition. 

BTW, if you're using Chrome, I think "Inspect" will be better than "View Page souce" to identify the items. 

Regards,

Bingle(LoadRunner R&D)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.