Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

web_set_sockets_option("SSL_VERSION", "TLS") required to run scripts

I'm trying to create a script and have ran into a problem. When I try to log into my application it simply redirects me to my log in page. I try to play this script back but I receive the error: 

vuser_init.c(12): Error -27778: [GENERAL_MSG_CAT_SSL_ERROR]connect to host "la.ac.local" failed: [10054] Connection reset by peer [MsgId: MERR-27778]
vuser_init.c(12): Warning -26200: At least one of the resources specified by EXTRARES has not been downloaded due to the above error(s) [MsgId: MWAR-26200]

When I place the command line web_set_sockets_option("SSL_VERSION", "TLS")  at the top of my script and run it the script is able to log in. It would be useful to know a way to have this command line at the top of my script before I start recording and not be overwritten once I start recording.

I have already tried recording options > mapping and filtering > options > SSL Version TLS   I have tried all of the TLS options and disabling auto SSL detection with Socket level and Wininet in many many different combinations but I still cannot log in or run the script doing so. It is only the command line that fixes my problem yet I cannot progress with my script without being logged into the application, which is only do-able by inserting the command line post recording.

Does anyone know a work around to prevent the manually inserted command line from being overwritten?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: web_set_sockets_option("SSL_VERSION", "TLS") required to run scripts

Simple Answer...

Keep the above command in  vuser_init()..& always re-record anything in Action().

Or if you want this line at the top of your script while new recording, do below settings"

go to recording options -> Port mapping -> Select Socket Level Data option -> go to options -> check enable auto ssl detection.

This will add the above command line at the top of your script each time. 

Thanks,

Amol Kumbhar

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.