New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

webservice testing using Load runner Version 11?

Hi All,

i have application build on asp.net application having web and app servers as IIS

Now i want to go for stress and endurance testing.

Question:  For webservice protocol ,, is it required to identify the scenarios?

IF Yes please suggest me that  (i have already identified some scenarios as of my knowledge andwith help of  BA) how to use these scenarios for webservice testing.

Could some one Please  suggest me on it.

Regards

Raghavendra

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

as a performance engineer/load tester you need to ask your BA or PM(project manager) on what goals and objectives of your test. otherwise whats the point of doing it? 😃

you'll simulate your scenarios in LR Controller were you can define how many users and the duration of the tests(includes ramp up and down of users). and from that test you need to have a monitoring tool so that you can identify the bottlenecks like server hickups/memory leaks/peaks and drops/error messages during the tests. so that you can let them know that when you ran your tests you can provide findings and if your familiar with the architecture/setup/configuration of their environment you can pinpoint where is the slowdown coming from. In result they can adjust/tune their environment to fix the issue/problem of course they will ask you to run more tests after the adjustment(s)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi storm,

Thanks for the explaining the life cycle of performance testing.

My question is simple.

This is the first time i will be using Web service protocol(for webservice testing)

Do webservice testing have scenarios?

IF yes what are the basic requirements(that i need to ask to developer) to script the scenarios.

Regards

Raghavendra

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Get the concept and principle behind using Webservices for testing (SOA etc).

Check what type of autN/authZ they are using (Basic, SAML, Username Token etc)

Ask the Dev team to give you the  corresponding WSDL and XML files (soap request).

Design your scripts using soap requests or web service call.

Verify the response with the Dev team and create checkpoints.

Once done create your scenario(LRC) to target the number of transaction needed by the business (10,000 /hr etc)

Good luck

-Arjun

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.