Highlighted
New Member.

why cant i use a single test data to run multiple users while executing a load test

hi

Can I use a 10user test data to use 1000vuser loadtest,If i do so what is the drawbacks I will get?

Regards

PINNK

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: why cant i use a single test data to run multiple users while executing a load test

Hi

Can you add some more details on your question?

what do you mean by test data? user names? passwords?

Let me know if I understood you correctly and I'll continue.

Thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: why cant i use a single test data to run multiple users while executing a load test

Hi,

As long as your application does not force you to use unique data per user it is possible technically. The draw back will be that you will not simulate real world conditions in the best way and as a result the application and database cache mechanisms will not be fully examined. It will be easier for the system components to cache the data and fetch data from it not forcing the ciculate the information stored in the cache. There can be more implications and it is really depended on the application implementation.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.