Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

working with parameters

Hi all,

I'm working with Truclient and I want to randomize data from an array.

If I create a parameter with 2 tables : array1 and array2 with the same dimension

then I want to randomize a variable i (from 1 to the number max of elements)

and retrieve Array1[i] and Array2[i]

in othe words, once the i is randomize I need the same i with array1 and array2  (for example array1 and array2 can be a list of firstname and lastname)

how can we do that with parameter and then a type action on an object (like a textfield)

thanks in advance

Frédéric

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: working with parameters

Hi,

You should create two parameters that point to the same data file. TruClient is not different than other protocols when it comes to parameters.

1. Create the first parameter (e.g. LoginDetails)

2. Create the second parameter (e.g. Password) and change the file to the same file as the first parameter is using

3. Create a new column in the table. The dialog will suggest the name of the password parameter

4. Select random strategy for one of the parameters and "Same line as <other parameter> " for the other one.

See screenshots below.

RandomParam_1.pngRandomParam_2.png

Good luck,

Shlomi

Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: working with parameters

thanks for this description

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.