Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Jonathan12345 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Abnormal big number of user session generated when running script under vuser

Hi, all

I have been using the HTML protocol to record my script on the SAP portal webdynpro application. After I do all the correlation, I was able to replay it in vugen. However, when I simulate a run of let's say 5 vusers, I noticed that almost 200 SAP sessions were connected when all the steps are done. No failure though.

It almost looks like each step in the script is creating an SAP user session(from SM04/AL08) which is not right. Of course, if I only run the SAP application without LR, one user session is created. I am pretty sure I am not the only one seeing this issue. Please advise the fix for this issue.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Abnormal big number of user session generated when running script under vuser

Could you replay once in VuGen and check the SAP sesssion? How many SAP sessions are made if we replay with VuGen?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.

Re: Abnormal big number of user session generated when running script under vuser

Hi, Bach

If I run the script directly in vugen, only one user session is there. If I run with simulated vuser in the controller, many user sessions are created almost with each step.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. Chau_Nguyen_PC Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi,

Where did you place the function to terminate SAP session in the script? Action or Vuser_end?

When run in Controller, you run the script with number of vusers: 'untill completion' or 'duration'?

Load generator run as process or thread? Please confirm.

Thanks and Regards,

Chau

Regards,

Chau Nguyen | SW Technical Support Consultant.
LoadRunner and Performance Center

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi, Chau.

Here is the option I put in:

Do you see an issue?

Thanks,

Jonathan.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

By the way, on the run-time settings, I deselect the "simulate a new user on each iteration" and it did not fix the problem.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Could you tell me where did you put the sript to log out or terminate SAP session?

If you put it in vuser_end, then run the test with duration, the action part will be repeated and the session will be increased.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.